In the spring of 1895, a five acre plot of land was purchased on the west side of Clement Street in Joliet. On May 26, 1895, the new cemetery was blessed. All the Joliet clergy was present. The cost of the cemetery was $1,500.00 plus $500.00 for the cross in the center of the cemetery, and the entrance and landscaping. In the fall of 1919, 13 acres of land were bought close to the present cemetery. The cost was $8,857.95. On Sunday, May 10, 1920, the pastor and the church committee met at the cemetery. The purpose was to apportion five acres of the recently purchased land for a new cemetery. Five acres were selected and the remaining land kept for future use. The parishioners were so elated over this arrangement that many volunteered to help build a fence around the new cemetery. The new cemetery was blessed on October 31, 1920. A large crucifix was placed in the cemetery at a cost of $480.00.